Subject: QUESTION
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 00:38:38 +0400
From: "Sergey Shanov" <shanov-1972@yandex.ru>
To: "Mike Boschat" <aa063@chebucto.nsdot ca>

Hello Mike!

Excuse, that I take away for you time. But for me a problem. Let's assume, I
need to find out time of a maxima of a meteor shower on August 1 1995, 1999,
2003. It is known, that it is made through a solar longitude, which is bound
to tropical year. Through everyone 4 years the moment of a maxima of a
meteor shower happens for ~45 minutes earlier. Why so happens? Is logical to
think, that the meteoric maxima is bound to duration of star-shaped year,
but in this case it should happen for ~37 minutes later!

Tropical year: 365 day 05 h 48 m 46 s
Star-shaped year: 365 day 06 h 09 m 10 s

Solar longitude under the data IMO:
Date               02h          04h          06h
1/08/1995   128.448   128.527   128.607
1/08/1999   128.419   128.498   128.578
1/08/2003   128.398   128.478   128.558

Sergey Shanov
RUSSIA, Ulianovsk
http://www.gelios-2002.narod.ru
The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org To stop
getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform: