[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: 2002 Leonids

Peter and All,

I expect rates to be quite low (less than 10/hr) on either side of
maximum activity. The bright moon will certainly not help! One must
remember that the night of maximum activity will be November 18/19 this
year and not 17/18 as it has been in year's past. That one day will make
a big difference!

Bob Lunsford

Peter Brunone wrote:

> 	Thanks, Ed!
>
> 	To make this an on-topic response, I'd like to ask the following:  in
> November, what sort of "Leonid margin" will we have, i.e. aside from the
> peak date, will there be anything worth seeing on the few nights to either
> side?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter Brunone
> Watcher, Lurker, Asker of Ignorant Questions

Follow-Ups: References: