[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) GeoZay/Sonora, Calif(OT)

Well....some of you might be curious to know that I've sold my house in La Mesa, Calif. and have bought my retirement home near Sonora, California. The moving out and moving in process is currently in progress for the next 2 weeks. My actual retirement will be in December, but my wife will be setting up the new house meanwhile. I'll be having a week each month to visit her.In the meantime, I'll be living in Descanso with inlaws. The new place is at an altitude of 3,100 feet and in the middle of a beautiful playland, if you like the outdoors and natural scenery. I guess we will be about 35 miles(as the crow flies), northwest of Yosemite National Park. Anybody on this list live anywhere close? Seems like to me that I recall someone mentioning that they do their observing from the general area of Sonora? In a few months, I'll be having my fill of gold and rock prospecting, trout and salmon fishing, scenic photography and some "Sky surfing". The wife will no doubt be hiking and canoeing within the next couple weeks.
George Zay
Sonora, Calif.