[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) A meteorite fall in Ukraine?

Dear All,

There is some chances that there could be a meteorite fall in Ukraine on
July 4.
Initially reports, including mass-media were that a pilot of Israel airlines
IL AL flight from Tel Aviv to Moscow flying over Ukraine saw a possible
missile launch.
Yesterday evening explanations appeared (and I made some input in them
e-mailing to various authorities) that it could has been a natural event,
and a meteoroidal bolide is one of possible natural explanations.
Today Ukranean authorities informed this, as a "possible meteorite", but
investigation still continues.
Unfortunately, info about the event is very sparsely (even a couple in total
of witness's account are distorted second-handed), despite my attempts to
obtain it.  The time seems to be about 19.35 GMT July 4, 2002, coordinates
(roughly) - somewhere 48 N 36 E
I am trying to get more info on the event, and post updates.

Best wishes,
Andrei