[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Leonids 2002: West coast or east coast? - EARTH-GRAZERS

> The only locations that have a chance at seeing any  Earth-
> skimmers from this first outburst (the 7-revolution trail
> from 1767)  will be in New England and the Maritime
> Provinces of eastern Canada.

Thanks for the informative answer... i have one quick question however....

In 1998 I saw earth grazers in South Carolina... (and I believe the predicted peak would be at the same time???) ... How come you would not see the earth grazers this time?  Is there a slight time difference from 1998 or is there something inherently bad about being farther South?

thanks for any thoughts...

Mark (who is really hoping to see some earthgrazers this year...)