[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) meteor astronomy?

Hi,everybody,

I am newer but I'd like to know what meteor astronomy study.
1) On some website I saw that there were a few professional person studying meteor astronomy. Why?
   Is that not an important aera? Or only an amateur's aera?
2) What does meteor astronomy study? Meteor number, entrance velocity?
3) Are there any prefessional journals on that? Or book?
4) Who know reference on how meteor influence on aircraft?

I know there would be the largest shower of this year on August 12-13. I hope to study shower by using a meteor radar which were used to measure of middle atmospheric winds. But I still donot know what is important and how to study.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Xiong