[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Re: best Perseid site

On Gary Kronk's meteor calendar the time of the maximum is listed as  22:30
UT (16:30 CST), August 12. The solar longitude given by Jenniskens
corresponds to 03:07 UT August 13 = (21:07 CST August 12).

So I would at least observe when it gets dark on August 12, until it gets
light again. This is after the maximum, but the ZHR will still be 40+ and
the radiant will be rising.

Also before the maximum, on the morning of August 12, rates will be rising
and the radiant will be climbing.

Last year in Holland we had the first clear skies on the night of August
14/15, I observed for 4.8 hours and saw 41 perseids and 45 other meteors.
The perseids will produce high rates for a couple of days, any usage of
clear skies surrounding august 12/13 will be rewarded :)

Daniel