[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) MeteorWB example screens

Now and then I'm still working on the MeteorWB program I mentioned (quite)
some time ago here. There are still some minor issues to be solved before I
can release a public version, but below you can find some links to example
screens:

A textual report:

 http://home.hetnetdot nl/~leoniden/TextReport.gif

A report using tables:

 http://home.hetnetdot nl/~leoniden/DailyTables.gif

The ZHR and visible rate curve for the Perseids in The Netherlands:

 http://home.hetnetdot nl/~leoniden/DailyProfile.gif

Some info about this image:

The X-axis is not labelled yet, but it shows time. It starts at sunset the
day before the selected date and extends to sunrise the day after the
selected date.

The upper plot shows the elevation of the moon, sun and the selected radiant
during these days.

The lower plot show the ZHR profile (upper line) and the visible rate (lower
line). This is the ZHR corrected for radiant elevation and the estimate of
the limiting magnitude. This estimate is made using a formula based on
articles by Garstang and Schaeffer.

The ZHR and visible rate curve for the Kappa Cygnids:

 http://home.hetnetdot nl/~leoniden/KCygnids.gif

Note how the dent in the visible rate gets larger day by day as the moon
sets later each day.

Daniel