[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Any observers active in Greece

Greetings from Greece!!

Dear, Fischer,

As far as i know, I and another friend (who taught me how to observe meteors)
are working on the field, being also members of IMO. I do not know if other
observers exist..We both live in Athens, but i will travel to different
places to observe the Perseids (unfortunately my travel plans do not include
Ionian islands). I am not aware for my fellow's  plans, yet.
You mentioned that greek astronomy is concentrated around Athens and the
observatory of Crete. Could you please tell me how you find them (how did you
search for them)?
I believe you are referring to the Skinaka's observatory which belongs to the
professional astronomers of the University of Crete. As far as amateur greek
astronomy,it isn't really concentrated around Athens.There are a lot of clubs
in many cities in Greece (you can see some web sites through
http://www.greek-astronomy.com/clubs.html , but they are in Greek..).
But, what we lack here is a club that concetrates on observers.I mean a club
made by amateur astronomers so as to collect observations of various types
(on planets,on meteors,etc) and to forward them to the appropriate
organisations.
I hope that this situation will change soon!

Best wishes and clear skies,
Grigoris Maravelias,
Athens,
Greece