[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteorite from April 6 Bavarian bolide found!

Hi All,

Slightly OT, but news is breaking that a definite 1.75 kg fragment has been
found from the large bolide of April 6 over Bavaria (central Europe). So we
have a new meteorite with a photographic orbit. That orbit is highly similar
to that of the Pribram, another photographed meteorite fall in central
Europe 43 years ago. I am very curious as to what the classification of this
meteorite, provisionally called 'Neuschwanstein', will be (Pribram is an
H5).

For those who read German, there is a story with photograph at
www.wetteragenturdot de. There is no doubt that this time it is real as in
addition I got a few private mails from knowlegable sources on it.

Maybe one of the German or Czech people on the list has some more details?

- Marco

---
Marco Langbroek                    private: marco.langbroek@wanadoodot nl
Leiden University                     work: m.langbroek@arch.leidenunivdot nl
Faculty of Archaeology
P.O. Box 9515
http://home.wanadoodot nl/marco.langbroek/
NL-2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands

"What seest thou else
  In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

William Shakespeare: The Tempest act I scene 2
---