[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Note from Bert Matous

I got 3, 4, & 1 meteor in the hours I watched from a radiant near +42,
23H 20 min. in or near Lacerta above the sq. of Pegasus. Two were nearly
simultaneous in the first hour, preceded by only 5 or 10 min by a nice
mag. 2.  I am STRONGLY convinced this is activity that needs to be
looked at if possible tonite, I will be out again under extremely
favorable conditions trying to also confirm more activity.  Skies are as
good as they get in Aug. here in KS, a cold front has washed all
humidity from the atmosphere and it got down to 59 degrees at my site!
Three of the new radiant members were yellow mag. 2's, rest were 3's &
4's.  Slightly faster than delta Aq.s and slower than Perseids.  Can
anyone else take a look!!!!  It was VERY noticeable to me in my session.
  A more detailed look at last nite and tonite (Thurs eve.- FRI am) will
follow.