[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Clouds and ZHR

Bruce and All,

If the solid cloud cover within your field of view exceeds 20%, the IMO
suggests you suspend recording due to the uncertainty of correction
factors involved under such conditions. Personally, I would not quit
altogether, but rather isolate this section of time and the meteors seen
until conditions improve. If the clouds are thin then I would suggest
using no obscuration factors, but rather estimate these lower limiting
magnitudes at 10-15 minute intervals during the times of interference.
If only a small cloud is involved then estimate the LM inside the cloud
and two other areas free of interference.

I hope this helps!

Bob Lunsford