[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids report from Hawaii (Aug 11)

I was up at Hale Pohaku visitor center for various observations, and I did a half hour of early Perseids observing. Sky conditions were excellent. Many faint sporadics were seen and the Perseids seemed to be doing as expected a night and half before the peak. But, only one bright PER, a mag. 0 slicing south thru Cetus and leaving a nice persistent train for a few seconds.

An added bonus was watching the eerie glow of the Kilauea volcano in the distance.

ALoha,
Mike Linnolt

REPORT FOLLOWS:
---------------
OBS: Mike Linnolt (LINMI)
DATE: Aug 11, 2002
TIME: 1013 - 1045 UT
LOC: Mauna Kea, Hawaii (19° 49' N, 155° 28m W)
ELEV: 2770 meters
Conditions: Clear. Temp 5C. RH 40%. Winds light.
METHOD: Paper

Observing Periods Summary:
==========================

# Period(UT) FOV    Teff   F    LM   PER KCG NDA SDA ANT SPO
  ---------- ---    ----   -    ---  --- --- --- --- --- ---
1 1013-1045 22h+40  0.50  1.00  6.7   4   1   0   1   0   6

Periods Detail:
===============

Period #1:

Mag -4 -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6