[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids 8/10-11

Observing at the Louisbourg ASKC observatory last night with assorted bunch
of club and non club people.
The skies were a little hazy but there too few Perseids and no fireballs.
Another meager show by the Perseids with 15 sporadics and 18 Perseids from
1-4:30. No real bright fireballs. At least the morning before most of the
Perseids were 0 magnitude (pretty bright) .
A few had some nice trains. Seemed to be a bit increase toward sunrise but no
much.
This was another disappointing time of observing.
 Hoping the Monday morning brings a better peak of Perseids and brilliant
ones. I don't know what the story is what we are not seeing more from a once
great shower? Last shot before a try for moonlite Leonids in November.

Dr.Eric Flescher (kcstarguy@aol.com)
member, Astronomical Society of Kansas City (ASKC)- Solar System Ambassador
2002- JPL-(Jet Propulsion Lab) and NASA
webmaster Eric's Black Sun Eclipse website -
<ericsblacksuneclipse.com>webmaster,  Satori Astronomy website
<http://members.aol.com/kcstarguy/blacksun/satoriastronomy.htm> -editor-
Black Sun eclipse newsletter (eclipse/astronomy news) to subscribe send email
to blacksuneclipse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com