[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Aug 12 obs DENDE

Activity was remarkably higher compared to the previous night.
Counted 140 meteors in 4 hours - new personal "high score" for
one night!  Previous one was 105 meteors.

As it was noted since 1985, Perseids were often showing up in
pairs.  Saw 6 couples like that last night with second meteor
in the pair appearing within 0 to 5 sec after the first one.

The show started with two simultaneous meteors just when the
minus 7 mag Iridium flare in Perseus was in progress!

The brightest meteor of the night, short one of -2 mag, left
persistent train for 10 seconds.  No bolids were seen.

A couple of kappa-Cygnids in 4 hours would be quite silly
otherwise but were good for a change when compared to fast
Perseids.  Nice to watch them falling slowly.

As a whole, with no any single cloud during last 3 nights and
no Moon interference it was one of the best Perseids maxima I
have managed to watch here in Moscow since 1985.  Yet it was
warmer last night than on Sunday: T slowly decreased from +16
Centigrade in the evening downto +11C at the end of session.
Two nights ago it was as cold as +7.