[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids

Good morning to all
Video tape on low light camera from 03:30UT until
11:25UT with only one Perseid being record.Also
started recording radio scatter from 05:25UT until
11:41 UT.I must say this is the worst Perseid display
I have seen in the last 15 years. Hourly rates never
went higher than 15 meteors an hour from my
location.Had one great fireball at 09:21UT started out
on the border of Perseus and end with a terminal burst
at the head of Cetus.For an instant I could see
everything around me from the light of this terminal
burst.At times the Aquarids were putting on a better
show than the Perseids.Does anyone know why this years
shower was so weak and why so few fireballs.Normally I
would expect to see more than one fireball in an all
night period at the peak of the Perseids.Maybe I was
just in the wrong part of the world this time.
Regards
Thomas Dorman
Far West Texas Sky Watcher