[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) China Persids

Hello members:

KTLA Channel 5 News in Los Angeles just had a segment on the Perseid meteors
and watchers from China.  I didn't catch just where in China the film was
taken.  Looked like college students or older.  Some with telescopes and some
just watching meteors.  It even had film of some great meteors.  Now that's
news!

Besides it is the only way some of us could see any Perseids.  Too much smoke
from forest fires, fog, smog, and lights from tourist attractions blotted out
all but two or three stars here just south of Los Angeles.  Wish I could have
been in China.

Mrs. Roberta Webb
Anaheim, CA, USA