[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Daniel Gruen - fireball sounds

I am no expert, but I have heard a theory that would explain the sound
observed during your fireball... It involves ionisation around the bolide
somehow transmitting a signal in radio(?) wavelengths which can then be
re-converted to sound if there is something to act as an antennae...
(eye-glasses are a good one...) This allows you to hear the fireball in
real-time..!!
If anyone has corrections or additions to my explanation, please feel free!

Clear skies, Graham Palmer.
Hastings, New Zealand.