[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Daniel Gruen - fireball sounds

Greetings!  I just joined the list and missed the orginal email concerning
"fireball sounds" and likely some of the replies to it, so please forgive
me if I'm repeating anyone, but there is a really interesting website (by a
scientist who has investigated this phenomenon) that explains this.   It's
called:

Geophysical Electrophonics

Definition:
The production of audible noises of various kinds through direct conversion
by transduction of very low frequency electromagnetic energy generated by a
number of geophysical phenomena.

This definition copied from the site, which is located here:

http://users.hunterlinkdot net.au/~ddcsk/gelphonx.htm

Hope this helps!
Tom Sparks
Tallahassee, Florida, USA