[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) "Electrophonic" Fireball sound nonsense

Dale, In fact I am looking for the answer! My simple logical analysis ruling out the "meteor electrophonics" seems hard to refute. If someone can offer an adequate explanation, please do so. This leads to the next step, then of suggesting what else could be responsible for "simultaneously" hearing and seeing meteors. If its physically impossible to detect meteor RF over background while NOT detecting cell phone RF by the same mechanism, then what is being reported by the witnesses? One explanation could be just a coincidental occurence of the meteor with some locally generated sound. This may sound too simple, but many "weird" experiences in the world can be explained by such rare, random coincidental occurences! Take the probability of hearing an electrophonic sound at some time as p0. The probability of seeing a meteor as p1. The odds both will occur together is p0*p1, which is small but finite, and given the rarity of these reports, fits quite well with my little theory!

Mike Linnolt