[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) EMO Sandia All-sky Perseids 13 August 2002

EMO Sandia All-sky Perseid Detection Report
Courtenay, B.C. CANADA

Date: August 13, 2002 - Video Tape record from 06:00 UT to 12:00 UT

07:57:25 UT - Perseid -3.0 magnitude SE sector
10:54:03 UT - Perseid -4.0 magnitude - short trail near radiant

Comments:  I'm amazed at the lack of bright Perseids this year at this
location.  Normal background activity not during a shower peak would come
close to matching this type of activity.  Really, the skies were clear and
the camera was working!  I'm glad I wasn't using 8X10 film at $4:00 a crack
during this period.  At least video tapes are re-useable!

Ed Majden