[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseids

Star greetings!

>The Eridanids seems to be of the meteors that come from one zone between
the constellation of the Cetus and the Eridano.
> you has observed meteors to come from that zone this year or in other
years (video, visual or photographically)?

I also got to observe some August Eridanids in the dawn of August 11/12,
2002 and  I found strange that in the reports correspondents mine just
contained report of this shower. Me until I thought that I had deceived me
and that went check the maximum it really happened in that date. I believe
that perhaps that can be explained to put this to be a shower of little
expression. Thus, I am happy in knowing that more somebody coulded not you
also tell them.
Distribution of Meteors Magnitude:

Shower -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6 tot
     PER 2  0  0  0   1  0  0  0   0   0   0   0   0  03
      *Eri 0  1  0  0   3  0  1  0   0   0   3   0   0  08
      Spo 0  0  1  0   0  1  0  0   0   0   0   0   0  02

*Eri = AUGUST ERIDANIDS

Hugs
R.Gregio
Mococa / SP - Br - Lat.21.27.54S Long.47.00.21W
gregio@dglnet.com.br
http://www.constelacoes.hpg.com.br
http://membro.intermega.com.br/rgregio/
http://www.geocities.com/alnitack_br/