[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Bolide in the Sacramento Area Last Night?

Unfortunately, it was given to me by an inexperienced observer, although she is the wife of an
amateur astronomer friend. The time is pretty close to what LOOKIN4ET posted in response to my
message. It kind of sounds like if it fell to the earth it was between San Bernadino and Sacramento.
My source did report it looked yellow. She was inside her house looking out the window (all windows
closed) when she saw it. Maybe I can get a better fix, since she was watching her TV and may
remember it's position relative to the TV set and her position. I asked her to get an approximate
fix from where she was sitting and have her husband measure the horizon azimuth. I'll post it when I
recieve it. She saw it when it was about 15 degrees over the horizon and falling to the horizon.

--
      Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet), Nevada City, CA

                      "My Enron accountants tell me I'm only 39."

                        Web Page: <home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews>
           Imaginarium Museum: <home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html>

Follow-Ups: References: