[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) From CCnet of Benny Peiser

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Gardner <rendrag@earthlinkdot net>
To: <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 10:42 AM
Subject: (meteorobs) From CCnet of Benny Peiser

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020906/ap_wo_en_po/austr

> alia_sky_flash_1
>
> BRIGHT Bright blue flash and loud booms in sky over southern Australia
> puzzle space experts
>
> ADELAIDE, Australia - Astronomers on Friday were investigating reports
> from
> southern Australia of a bright blue flash and loud booms. One said it
> probably was a comet, while another suggested it was debris from a space
>
> mission.
>
> Dozens of people along Fleurieu Peninsula, about 100 kilometers (60
> miles)
> south of Adelaide, said they say the flash about 6 p.m. (0830 GMT)
> Thursday.
>

> The witnesses said the light was followed by a smoke trail and two loud
> booms that shook the ground.
>
> Astronomer Bryan Boyle said Friday it was probably a meteor breaking up,
> and
> probably came within 30 kilometers (20 miles) of hitting the ground.
>
> But Colin Norris, director of Australian International UFO Research
> center,
> said its color and course suggested it was more likely debris from a
> space
> mission re-entering the atmosphere.
>
> Astronomers were expected to begin a more detailed investigation of the
> incident, including a possible search for material that might have hit
> the
> ground.
>
> Copyright 2002, AP
>
> ================
>
> The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:
> http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html

Hello Bob Gardner,

You mentioned everything about evidences related to a sound produced from a
meteor. Otherwise, for me, it has more to be with an earthquake of 2,5 or
2.8 in Richter scale, then any other fact prior to earthgrazer and/or comet.

Meanwhile, why do not you get in touch with local authorities concerning to
ground researches before stating that this or that was provinient from a
meteor, for example.

Great report!!!

Marco Valois