[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Observation request for morning of 7th

Gary,

I believe you meant "Delta Aurigids". This shower can be impressive with
odd hours producing 5-10 shower members near maximum. Unfortunately it's
raining in Southern California and I was unable to observe last night.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford

Gary W. Kronk wrote:

> I am making a request for observers to check their records and report
> anything unusual in terms of activity levels for last night.
>

> It is interesting as I woke up this morning to not only see Thom
> Morgan's report on meteorobs of "Delta Aquarids" seen between 7:30 and
> 9:00 UT on September 7, but to have also personally received a report
> from a radio meteor observer in England stating that his meteor counts
> for the period of 2:00 to 5:00 UT on the 7th "were as high as anything
> I've recorded since the peak of the Perseids." The English observer said
> that as activity levels rose, he visually observed from 3:00 to 4:00 UT,
> but saw nothing unusual.
>

> I would appreciate any reports, both positive and negative, as to
> increased activity last night.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Gary
>

>> Date 6,7  9 mo  02 yr
>
>> Thom Morgan     Clayton NC USA
>
>> 78:25:30W       35:37:30N Elev 300ft
>
>> Method of recording Tape recorder/talking
>
>>                     clock
>
>> Breaks None
>
>> Sky Obscured N/A
>
>> Begin 7:30ut End 9:15ut
>
>> Observed Showers DAU
>

>> Meteors Counted Per Period and Per Shower
>

>> Obs Time UT   FOV   Teff  F LM   Shwr+No.
>
>> 7:30-8:00  3:15/50:15 .5  30m 6  DAU 2
>
>> 8:00-9:00  3:15/50:15  1  60m 6  DAU 7
>
>> 9:00-9:15  3:15/50:15 .25 25m 5.5 DAU 0
>

>> Comments: Was first introduced to this