[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Observation request for morning of 7th

>Gary,
>
>I believe you meant "Delta Aurigids". This shower can be impressive
>with odd hours producing 5-10 shower members near maximum.
>Unfortunately it's raining in Southern California and I was unable
>to observe last night.
>
>Clear Skies!
>
>Bob Lunsford
>
>Gary W. Kronk wrote:

You are right, I meant Delta Aurigids.

The English observer does not have any indication of the radiant,
since he was detecting radio echos. He initially wrote to me
suggesting he may have seen an outburst of the "Gamma Aquarids" (this
is why Aquarius was on my mind) only because it typically attains a
weak peak around September 7. It is quite possible the English
observer detected the Delta Aurigids, but the radio echo rate is
surprising.

Gary