[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Could it be a Venus Dog/Pillar???

Dear all,

Regarding 2 my report about "something on the sky", yesterday I saw a
similar thing 2 what I saw in spaceweather. I just thought..."could what I
saw be a venus dog???". But I don't know anything anything about this, so I
must ask 4 the confirmation first from you all.

This is the copy of what I wrote on that event...

To: meteorobs@atmob.org
Subject: Is it a meteor or what???

Dear all,

This evening ( at 6 PM Jakarta, Indonesia local time or around 11AM GMT ), I
witnessed a very bright meteor-like object. It was seen by many people in my
office ( we worked in a 5-stories building ). In fact, I was called by my
friend who works in other part of Jakarta who saw the object first. So I am
sure that it was not a mistake.
The object was reddish-orange in color. Have about 5-10 degrees very clear
tail ( I am an amateur on this numbers ). It was seen on west to north-west
sky of Jakarta. The brightness has to be above 0 because the sun was not
fully set yet the object could been very-very clearly in the heavy-polluted
cloudy sky of my city. It was pointing west to north west. It could be seen
in a very long time - I myself spend around 3 or 4 minutes watching the
object before getting back to my office meeting. I do not exactly know when
it started nor vanished. But it was around 5.57PM when my friend called and
informed me about it ( I know from her missed call time in my cellular ).
I just wanna know if any other people here could shed me some more lights
here...
What is it????? I am almost sure that it was not just a meteor since it
could be seen in a very long duration. It must be a big because it was very
bright in the heavy-polluted sky of Jakarta. So anybody could help me
here???

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,
Octavian

So now my question is...was it a venus dog???

To: meteorobs@atmob.org