[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation September 14/15, 2002 (KACJA)

Hi All,

last night I observed from my nearest relatively dark sky and high
elevation site. I started after the moonset and observed for two
hours. The first hour was rather slow with 10 meteors seen. The
only shower activity came from a single Piscid. The second hour
was more active as it produced 3 Piscids, 1 Delta Aurigid, and 14
sporadic meteors. Five of the sporadics during the second hour
came from northern apex and two from the southern apex, one of
them being the best meteor of the night - a trained +1 magnitude
grazer with 80-degree long path stretching from Taurus to Lacerta.

No definite activity could be seen from any of the Triangulus/Aries
or Taurus proposed radiants.
While I had three meteors intersecting at 4h30m +24, two of them
can also be traced to the Northern apex area. I also plotted four
meteors that could be traced back to the Tri/Ari area, but that was
also likely a random alignment.

Clear skies!
Javor