[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Aurora alert - No Aurroras, but wonderful Venus

----- Original Message -----
From: Graham & Amy Palmer
To: "Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@sage.globedot net.nz
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 2:29 AM
Subject: (meteorobs) Aurora alert

A mid latitude aurora alert has been posted.
The Earth is currently inside a flow from a coronal hole on the sun, and this is expected to be enhanced by the arrival of a small CME.
So, if you are blessed by clear skies, it may be worth getting a bit cold... Get out, look south, and good luck!

PS: if you do see a display, let me know!

Graham.

Graham & Amy Palmer
1/622 Nelson St. North,
Mahora.
Hastings, New Zealand.
Home phone: 06-8735951
Graham's cell No: 021-2650487
Amy's cell No: 021-1486546

Hello Graham and Amy Palmer,

Here from Recife, BRA, I can get a wonderful clear sky. I also could look (naiked  eyes) at the south since September 30th to October 2nd, and I could observe Venus alone on the west, by 4:30 p.m., bright and wonderful. No coronal, no venus dogs and a bit cold (end of winter beginning of summer).

The same landscape and view as can be seen on weather.com on a photo made by H. Chriatiassen of Farmington, Utah, USA.

P.S. Here Venus looks brighter and more colorful and that mentioned above! Here the skyes are clear, no clouds and the temperature is mild.

8o Lat.      (South-)
38o. long.  (South-)