[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Some updates on the Bodaibo event

Dear All,

Despite that there are not much news on the Bodaibo event, I decided to
post, as I read http://news.bbc.codot uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2309117.stm
I already posted several days ago that the correct date is Sept. 25, about
1.50am local time, which is Wednesday, or Tuesday (Sept.24) in Universal
time.
Today I talked by phone with researchers in Irkutsk, and Bodaibo area, and
have been told that:
1) no any crater was discovered;
2) no any damage was discovered;
3) no any meteorites were discovered;
4) the earlier mentioned low-frequence seismic disturbances was
defined/determined  as of far-earthquake (and erased, unfortunately).
Anyway, the seismogram reveals no traces of local seismic events.
5) a couple of scientists from Irkutsk plan to visit the area in a few days.

As soon as anything interesting is discovered, I will try to post here.

Best wishes,
Andrei Ol'khovatov
Russia, Moscow