[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Draconids

Lew,

Thanks for your encouraging remarks. Here is a brief
summary of what I saw on 5 nights of observing. Iwill
be sending a complete report on this to Robert
Lunsford shortly.
October 6: 24 non GIA meteors, 0 GIA Teff 1.0
October 7: 24 non GIA meteors, 2 GIA Teff 3.0
October 8: 50 non GIA meteors, 1 GIA Teff 3.0
October 9: 31 non GIA meteors, 0 GIA Teff 2.0
October 10: 22 non GIA meteors, 0 GIA Teff 1.5,
clouded out.

The difference in numbers seen is probably due to the
amount of time spent observing before and after
midnight. On October 7 most of the observing (2 hours)
was done before midnight, on the other nights most of
it was done after midnight. I hope this information
helps answer your question to some extent.

regards,

Robin Gray  GRARO