[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) possible fireball shower in 6 Oct ?

When looking at my meteor-scatter-recieving computer screen 06 Oct, I
immediately noticed that there were more long reflections than typically.
There were from about 0 UT till a little past 7 UT, about ten reflections
lasting about one minute or more and another ten that lasted about half a
minute or more. There were actually several more near this limit, but there
were not short reflections more than typically.

There were about five times more these long reflections than what I would
consider typical.

Then I read in the meteorobs-list from about three fireballs in this same
day, or possibly the next. These obseravtions might have a connection and a
fireball-shower active then. From my data, I don't know if the timing of
apparent activity was derived from the (possibly existing)  radiant location
of from the time the expected shower was active.

When the entry-paths of the bolids will (hopefully) get derived, I would
find it interesting to compare, if they might have the same radiant.

Esko