[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Video Lenses for Leonids

Hi all,
I have followed many of the discussions about video lenses for meteors
and I'm trying to zoom in on which lens will deliver the nicest
"wide" Leonids shots.
I've got a PC164c and have done some experimentation with 35mm
lenses and C-mount and I'd love to hear what folks are going to use to
try to catch the storm. My choices look like:
24mm f2.5 Tamron on Tamron to C-mount
- very crisp about 10 degree FOV
4mm C-mount
- hard to get crisp stars - 70 degree FOV
1-3mm Fujinon super fisheye
- very wide field - individual stars are not seen
  but good for fireballs?
Others?
Also any opinions on the aperature size vs f-stop issue
would be appreciated.
Thanks,
- Jay