[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Wife saw meteor land 5 meters from her

Hi,

I'm new to the list.

My wife Pam was headed for our country home when she saw something bright in the sky coming down at an angle. This took place today 19th October 02 during the day. Anyway, she was in her fourbie and the 'sparky' ball as she called it landed 5 meters on a paddock. She was on the highway going a hundred k's at the Midland.

I asked her if she could locate the sight where it fell. She said she saw it fall to the ground/hit the ground and she'd know where it is.

We are based in Australia. Are there any or does anyone here know of anyone in Australia that would be interested in retreiving the object? Would it be worth studying? I'm guessing the object would be fairly small like a pebble maybe because she didn't get hurt or anything like that.

I found it amazing that she was going a hundred k's and this 'sparkly' ball landed 5 meters from the highway she was on.

Regards,

Jax