[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Wife saw meteor land 5 meters from her

Jax>>My wife Pam was headed for our country home when she saw something bright in the sky coming down at an angle. This took place today 19th October 02 during the day. Anyway, she was in her fourbie and the 'sparky' ball as she called it landed 5 meters on a paddock. She was on the highway going a hundred k's at the Midland.

I asked her if she could locate the sight where it fell. She said she saw it fall to the ground/hit the ground and she'd know where it is.

I'm guessing the object would be fairly small like a pebble maybe because she didn't get hurt or anything like that.<<

Jax....I think your wife may be spoofying you some.  :o)  It's not likely she's gonna see a glowing meteor hit the ground only 5 meters away and walk and talk about it. To be still glowing when it hit the ground, it would have to be fairly large to overcome the atmosphere resistance....roughly more than 10 tons.  I'd tell her that if she had  put some jam in her pockets, she would have been flavored toast.
George Zay