[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fw: [Greek-Astronomy] Re: Fw: (meteorobs) Fireball from Greece, October 8

----- Original Message -----
From: <petros1gr@netscapedot net>
To: <Greek-Astronomy@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 12:33 AM
Subject: RE: [Greek-Astronomy] Re: Fw: (meteorobs) Fireball from Greece,
October 8

Antoni,

I guess we don't know if she was experienced enough! I have seen such a very
bright iridium flash, and yes someone could call it as bright as the moon,
but I could never confuse it to a meteor. Though, a couple of months ago
there was a report to BAA of a very bright star (-4mag) appearing for a few
seconds and then fading, from England. There where speculations of a very
bright gamma-ray burst, but this turned out to be an iridium flash! I can't
understand how the observer missed to see the sattelite motion, but I guess
he wasn't experienced enough...

Petros