[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: [Greek-Astronomy] Re: Fw: (meteorobs) Fireball from Greece, October 8

I guess we don't know if she was experienced enough! I have seen such a very
bright iridium flash, and yes someone could call it as bright as the moon,
but I could never confuse it to a meteor. Though, a couple of months ago
<

Though she isn't very experienced I'm convinced she knows the difference between and Irridium flare and a meteor. I'd question the reported duration instead. She's been out observing the Geminids, Bootids and Perseids, so I would have expected something about a very slowly moving meteor in her report had she seen an IF. Coming Saturday I'll meet her as our Leonid group gathers to make final plans for our trip to Spain. I'll try to get some more info then.

Daniel
----------------------- DISCLAIMER --------------------------
De informatie verzonden met dit e-mail bericht (en bijlagen) is
vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n).
Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of verstrekking
aan derden is niet toegestaan. Gebruik van deze informatie door
anderen dan de geadresseerde(n) is verboden.Ook kunnen aan deze
informatie geen rechten worden ontleend. U wordt verzocht bij
onjuiste adressering de afzender direct te informeren door het
bericht te retourneren.

The information sent by means of this e-mail message (and any of
its attachments) is confidential and intended exclusively for the
addressee(s). Publication, duplication, distribution and/or
forwarding to third parties of this message is not allowed.
Use of this information by other persons than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.
the sender immediately by returning it.

by MailMarshal
For more information please visit www.marshalsoftware.com