From: owner-meteorobs@atmob.org [mailto:owner-meteorobs@atmob.org]On
Behalf Of Janne Pyykko
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 1:45 AM
To: meteorobs@atmob.org
Subject: (meteorobs) Shared plans for Leonids in Arizona?

Hi,

I just want you to know that I'm coming from Finland, Europe, to
Arizona to watch Leonids. This will complete my five-year Leonid
hunt: 1998 Thailand (wrong place, too cloudy), 1999 Tunisia (correct
place, clouded out), 2000 Florida (clear skies, little activity),
2001 Taiwan (wow, more than 1400 meteors counted during the best
hour), now 2002 Arizona.

My current plan:

I will be somewhere around Flagstaff to watch leonids during the
night between 17th and 18th Nov (=24h before maximum). Depending on
the night, weather forecasts, and possibilities provided by Amtrak
and Greyhound, I will select the place where I will watch leonids
during the maximum night. Hope that will be something great.

If possible, I will be glad to join in a group of people who share my
interests. It's more fun that way. If you have the same destination
in Arizona, you can send email to <janne.pyykko@artemis.fi>. I can
read emails while travelling too.

Background: I am a 37-year-old amateur astronomer and an experienced
observer. My other interests while being in Arizona include trekking
in Grand Canyon (before Leonids) -- in general to become familiar
with the local nature.

Thanks,
-mr Janne Pyykko, Helsinki, Finland, Europe
--
    !    Janne Pyykkö             Maapallonkuja 1A  Tel +358-20-4362 388
   \!/   Artemis Finland Oy       FIN-02210 ESPOO   Fax +358-20-4362 500