[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Very bright fireball(?), Pennsylvania USA, about 19:30 Local, 27 Oct 2002

NAMN has received two reports so far, of a very bright fireball
witnessed in the State of Pennsylvania in the Northeastern USA,
at roughly 7:25pm Local (EST), Sunday, 27 Oct 2002.

I wanted to ask anyone who witnessed this to submit a REPORT of
your sighting yesterday, providing as much detail as possible on
what you saw, when, and where you were, while you still remember.

(If you wish to be very helpful indeed, you may also wish to con-
tact members of astronomy clubs in your region, and ask that any
of them who also witnessed this event report it as well...)

Most people find it convenient to use this online report form:
    http://www.namnmeteors.org/fireball/report.html

*OR* if you are somewhat familiar with the night sky, including
the constellations, star magnitudes, etc, use this form instead:
    http://www.namnmeteors.org/fireball/namnreport.html

PS: Gail and Al, if you would be willing to be accept follow-up
contacts from fireball or meteorite researchers, let us know.

Clear skies, and thanks for telling us about what you saw!

Lew Gramer, North American Meteor Network