[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) re: Very bright fireball(?), Pennsylvania USA,about 19:30 Local,..

The fireball was seen in northern california on 10/27,
in the 7pm hour, sorry can't be more specific but no one had a watch.
The fireball came from the south heading north, then faded
and disappeared..........

"Casper ter Kuile (D)" wrote:

> At 13:59 29-10-2002, you wrote:
> >FYI
> >
> >Sunday evening in central Pennsylvania, was cloudy. and we just returned
> >from a trip to Lancaster, stopped at the kennel.
> >
> >Not to say that there wasn't an event, but a check of the Pennsylvania
> >newspapers on line, and a call to the local newspaper for any Associated
> >Press Reports for eastern Pennsylvania,  indicated the event was not
> >seen  or reported by the populous. Also checked New York on line news.
> >Nothing.
> >
> >What is a "Hmmmm", on the same date 27 October 2001 at 19:20 UT, the
> >Dutch Meteor Society (DMS) site indicated a bright fireball. The event
> >was seen from Ireland to middle Europe.
>
> Hi John and others,
>
> Info about this very bright fireball which appeared above the Northsea is
> still documented in the archives of the DMS-site at:
>
> http://www.xs4alldot nl/~dmsweb/fireballs/20011027_fireball.html
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Casper.
>
> >George John Drobnock
> >
> >The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> >To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:
> >http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html
>
> Casper ter Kuile, Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)
> Akker 145, NL-3732 XD, De Bilt, The Netherlands
> Phone:   +(31)-30-2203170
> GSM-BEN: +(31)-6-24242445
> GSM-KPN: +(31)-6-20247982
> GSM-O2:  +(31)-6-47476208
> Private E-mail: casper.ter.kuile@xs4alldot nl
> General E-mail: casper.ter.kuile@wanadoodot nl
> Backup E-mail:  casper.ter.kuile@planetdot nl
> Astro E-mail:   casper.ter.kuile@dmsweb.org
> Webmaster E-mail: webmaster@dmsweb.org
> DMS-website: http://www.dmsweb.org
> Mirrorsite:  http://home.wanadoodot nl/dms
>
> The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:

Follow-Ups: References: