[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids in southern France

Hi Jan, Christophe and others on the list,

I have expanded my weatherpage on www.dmsweb.org to have it especially
usefull for the Leonids. If anybody is going to observe the Leonids from
southern France or Spain please consult the DMS-website and go to the
weatherlink.

Very best wishes to all of you,

Casper.

At 18:58 05-11-2002, you wrote:
>ccmlt wrote:
>
> > Yann,
> >
> > > Any observers familiar with 'typical' weatherpatterns in that area?
> > > Maybe websites that handle last minute advisories?
> > > Any observers using the south of france as their observing site?
> >
> > I live near Valence, half way between Lyon and Marseille.
> > The weather is generally good around Mediterranée from Perpignan to Orange
> > and Nice. In winter the winds (called Mistral)comes from nord in the Rhone
> > Valley, and easily clear the sky from Montpellier to Aix en Provence. In
> > 1999 and 2000, Provence proved to be almost the only right spots in France
> > with very clear sky, despite some storms over most of the country. You
> > should go to Plateau d'Albion, which is about 1000 above sea level, a few
> > dozen km east of Mont Ventoux. Light pollution is very low (there is a
> > private observatory with a 1 meter telescope : sirene ).
> > More, you should be able to find a good spot with moon hidden by Mont
> > Ventoux in this area.
> >
> > Christophe
> >
> > The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> > To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:
> > http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html
>
>Thank you for your reply
>
>i will certainly look into the area, sounds very good
>
>jan
>

>The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
>To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:
>http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html

Casper ter Kuile, Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)
Akker 145, NL-3732 XD, De Bilt, The Netherlands
Telefoon: +(31)-30-2203170
GSM-BEN: +(31)-6-24242445
GSM-KPN: +(31)-6-20247982
GSM-O2: +(31)-6-47476208