[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids from Texas

Dean,
I also live in the Dallas area.
We used several websites regarding cloud cover last year to help us
determine the best location.
We ended up heading west on I-20 out to Sweetwater where we had success.
This year, with the moon interfering, we plan to observe here in the
city.  (more risk in the city here than from the Texas hunters out in the
boonies.) At 3 am most hunters are tucked away in their sleeping bags
working on ways to embelish their hunting stories. Any other hunters up
at that hour are too drunk to be a danger to anyone but themselves.
Best of luck to you.
Tom