[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) RE: Conical-log antennas

Message: 16
   Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:19:09 +0800
   From: OJ Lougheed <ojl@nerpadot net>
Subject: (meteorobs) Conical-log antennas

Friends,

Just a quick resend to say I haven't heard from anyone in reply to my
questions, and wanted to try one more time before all Leonids break
loose,OJ

O.J. Lougheed, Founder, NerpaNet
Baikal Village Network http://www.nerpadot net
personal page: http://www.nerpadot net/en/friends/Lougheed

It is my understanding the antenna described is more designed for
transmitting than for receiving.

However you may want to go to
www.nasatec.com/briefs/may01/msc22334.html.
There is an e-article on construction of such an antenna.

I would suggest that this may be a future project or activity. As for
antenna designs and construction techniques suggest Joseph J. Carr
Practical; Antenna Handbook, 3rd ed. ( or other). Generally a yagi may
serve your purpose in such a short time.
Good luck.

George John Drobnock