From: "Mark Fox" <unclefireballmtf@yahoo.com>
To: <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 8:49 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) Universal Time Misunderstanding (My mistake!)

November 5, 2002

Greetings Mr. Mark Davis and Meteor Enthusiasts!

I want to let everyone know that I was wrong when I
informed Mr. Mark Davis about incorrectly listing Oct.
29 as the day that I meteor observed.  He was correct
all along!  I had completely forgotten about Universal
Time (UT)!  When I started hunting that night, I began
at 0:57 UT, which translates into almost an hour after
midnight in Greenwich, England (the time zone where UT
is based), thus making it Oct. 29!  I had confused the
day with my time zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST);
the time I initially record my hunts with.  Something
for all other meteor hunters to keep in mind!

Nevertheless, I want to apologize to Mr. Mark Davis
for accidently posting my original message to the
whole list and for it being my mistake on top of that!

Long, glowing trains!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA