[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Spamming for the Leonids

I was wondering if anybody in Texas, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas,
Louisiana that are members that might be able to help me.  Last year
during the Leonids, Tulsa, where I live was clouded out so on a whim
several of us got in an SUV and headed west and ended up outside of
Amarillo, Texas between Canyon and Clovis N.M. on a side rode where we
witnessed the best display any of us had ever seen.  This year I would
like to know from members in these states where they may be viewing so
that if we see we are going to be clouded out and one of the other
states show clear skies, that we will have a certain destination and
viewing site such as an astronomy club site, etc.  Any information would
be helpful from any areas within a 2-4 hr drive from Tulsa.  Also anyone
out there if the reverse happens to you and Tulsa skies are clear you
are welcome to come to our club observatory site outside of Tulsa at
Mounds, OK.  Again any information will be appreciated.  You can reach
me at destine@exposquare.com.

Looking for clear skies for the event of my life,

David Stine
Observing Chairman - Astronomy Club of Tulsa