[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: [IMO-News] possible light scattering form meteor trails?

Hi Esko,

Teams of the Dutch Meteor Society are planning to observe the Leonids from
southern Spain.
As in previous expeditions DMS-members will primarily focus on visual
observations and on multistation photography and image intensified video.
However we do have some "spare" photocamera's and image intensified
videosystems available apart from the multistation systems.
We will therefore pay special attention to photographing and filming
persistent trails, especially if close to the full moon.
But we need to take care of the highly sensitive image intensifiers which
can be damaged if exposed to full moonlight.

You can learn more on the Leonid 2002 Expedition of the Dutch Meteor
Society at: http://www.dmsweb.org

Best regards,

Casper.