[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) A powerful fireball event in Siberia

----- Original Message -----
From: Andrei Ol'khovatov <olkhov@mail.ru>
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 2:02 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) A powerful fireball event in Siberia

> Dear All,
>
> Russian news agencies just reported that a very large bolide fell not far
> from a town of Bodaibo in Siberia  on Oct.3 (no time is given). Strong
> seismics
> is reported, powerful sounds. It seems that it fell in taiga. Hoping to
get
> more details later.
>
> Best wishes,
> Andrei Ol'khovatov,
> Russia, Moscow
>

> The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:
> http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html

________________________________

Hello Andrei,

My excuses in just posting some of my opinion about Bodaido now. The photos
that you you posed on the list are really surprising. In fact, I couldn't
read all subject cantained in the article (in Russian), but, some in the
translator.

If you accept my free opinion about what happened in Bodaido here it goes:
"Since there's no presence of any material, such as meteorites, pieces of
iron, rocks, stones...but that the grass, the ground, and the trees are
burned...why not admit that it was the same phenomenon that occured in
Tunguska?

My sincerely best regards,

Marco Valois

Follow-Ups: References: