[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Nov. 5/6 report from KS (MATBE)

After what can only be considered an incredible run of
cloudy weather, I got :50 min. of observing in around
midnite on this date, Nov. 5/6, 2002.  The previous
15 nights in a row were cloudy!  We only saw sun on
one of the 15 days during the day, clouding back over
on that eve.  Glad to get that streak behind us in KS.

DATE - 2002 November 5/6   1148PM-1238AM
            2002 November 6      0548UT-0638UT

OBSERVER - Bert G. Matous  (MATBE)
SITE - Rutlader, KS  Louisburg Middle Creek Lake
          +38.5 N  94 37' W
Facing SE at 70 degrees center of FOV (field of vision)
Zenithal Star - 6.0
Observing method - Notepad recording without looking.
Total Time - 0:50  then clouded out
Total Meteors - 13
4 Northern Taurid, 1 S. Taurid, 1 Orionid, 1 Andromedid, 6 S (1 NPX)

MAGNITUDE DISTRIBUTIONS -

Origin   -1  0  +1  +2  +3  +4  +5     TOTAL
Orionid                  1                          1
Tau                            2    2               4
S Tau                                     1         1
Androm                      1                     1
Spor.              1     1   3    1                6    (N Apex was +2)

REMARKS -

One Sporadic was Orangish, one yellow.
Orionid was Reddish, nice long high in S
Andromedid was a beauty SLOW high in W

Temp. mid 30's F, NW wind at 15 MPH

No breaks or cloud effects, tho I moved field of vision to E
toward end of period to avoid approaching cirrus cloud deck.