[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) MeteorCount Palm program: new version released

Hi folks

In time for the Leonids I release a the new 2.x
version of the meteor counting
program for the Palm handheld. This program is
designed to allow "blind" entry of
meteor counts (magnitudes, shower asscociation,
sky obstruction, star field
counts etc). Times for each meteor are recorded
accurate to 1 second, so
forget about time interval problems when
observing....

Data can be downloaded to a PC and converted to
IMO-style report forms
on a PC using Ivan Goethals excellent
Windows-based "Meteor Companion"
program. Conversion utilities and Meteor Companion
can be downloaded
with the complete package.

The method has been tested during the 2001 Leonid
storm in Korea.

In the 1.x version one could not enter cloudiness
estimates and star
field counts without looking on the display. Now,
these numerical values
are entered using the palm keys, with an audible
feedback. I also
removed a number of bugs as well as some recently
developed incompatibilties
between later interpreter version and the meteor
program. Therefore
I would recommend users of 1.x to change to 2.x .

You can find more info and the downloads on :

http://home.tiscalidot de/astrohardy/palm/meteor/intro.htm

Hartwig Luethen
Institut fuer Allgemeine Botanik
Ohnhorststr. 18