[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Questions Concerning the Degrees of Meteor Paths

>>You'll be a  bit more precise...I
believe Bob Lunsford. uses a 5-degree small metal bar.  I have a cord tied
to my tape recorder with 5-degree knotted intervals, with four knots, but
they aren't terribly precise.  I believe that suggestion came from George
Zay.<<

I suggested the use of a cord, but didn't add the knots. The long cord (about 2 feet long) enables you to be a little more precise into determining from what radiant a particular meteor belongs. The further the meteor appears from the radiant, the more helpful this is, particularly when there are several active radiants. If you use a cord, be sure it is a dark cord and not a white one. You'll see the dark cord better against the dark sky.
George Zay